It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Licensed to Charm carries out (e.g. direct marketing). More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section. You can also learn about cookies and similar technology here
Your opinions, comments and questions about your data are important to us and we would love to hear from you, just email us at [email protected]!
If you have comments or questions about your privacy or this policy, email us at [email protected]
If you have comments or questions about anything else, please contact us at [email protected].
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
The following categories of personal data will be collected about you in connection with your interaction with us and use of our Online Services including, but not limited to, when you purchase products, you complete a form, submit user-generated reviews or ratings, engage in any social media functions, and when you make a purchase at one of our stores in person.
Information you give us
- Personal identification information such as your name, date of birth and gender;
- Contact information such as email address and telephone number;
- Demographic information: such as postal address;
- Financial information: such as credit/debit card numbers;
- Your purchase history;
- If you have completed a survey or entered a competition with us; if you contact us by phone, email or otherwise, we will keep a record of that correspondence and your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us when you subscribe to our newsletter or set up an online account.
Information we collect automatically
We will collect information related to the browser, device or operating system you use to access our Services; your IP address, the website you came from, information on actions taken on our site including but not limited to pages viewed, dated and times of visits, time spent on each page, products viewed, clicked on, added to your basket and purchased.
Information we receive from third parties
Sometimes we receive personal data about you from third parties when you engage with our site through social media, or other non-Licensed To Charm sites or applications, those sites will share personal data with us including, but not limited to:
- The content you have viewed or interacted with; about adverts within the content which you have been shown or clicked on; your IP address, registered beacons or GPS (geolocation) signals you have received; publicly available information; and non-personal information used to supplement existing information, such as demographics and affluence metrics (e.g. social-demographic groupings through matching postcodes).
The privacy notices for these sites and applications will contain more detail about this and how to change your privacy settings on those sites and applications.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract including fulfilling any orders your place. This includes:
- Processing your order, account registration, or entry to a competition.
- To communicate with you about an order or your account with us.
- Communicating with you (including by email and SMS) to provide customer service.
- Verifying your identity
- Sending you information about changes to our terms or policies; and informing you of despatch of goods and other order related information.
To conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your personal data to provide products and services you have requested and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us.
- we monitor the use of our Services, and use your personal data to help us, monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- we use your personal data to personalise our products and services for you.
- to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law.
- we use the information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services.
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- to create a profile of your interests and preferences, and personalise content and advertising for you, so that you only receive content and marketing communications that are relevant to you.
- where you have purchased products from us, to send you marketing emails and texts, unless you have either: asked us not to; or, we have asked for your consent, in which case your consent will form the appropriate lawful basis for our data processing.
- to send you marketing communications by post
Where you give us your consent, we will use your personal data:
- To send you newsletters and other promotional material about our Services by email and text (for instance, this will include where you have signed up to receive our newsletters, or have provided us with your consent to receive marketing communications at the point of checkout or when setting up an account), and to use technologies to check if these have been received and opened to help make our communications relevant to you. Please note that in certain circumstances, we may be relying on our legitimate interests to send you marketing emails (see above).
- To place cookies and use similar tracking technologies (as set out in the "Cookies" page insert link here and the information provided to you when those technologies are used).
- To invite you to take part in market research (where consent is required); and
on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
For purposes which are required by law:
- a) in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
When, and only when, you give us permission, we will share your email, postal address or phone details with selected partners.
We may also share your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers where necessary to make products and services available to you and to promote our products and services to you, such as our suppliers of IT and marketing services.
- Other third-party payment providers when you choose to use their payment services.
- Credit reference, fraud prevention, and law enforcement agencies where it is necessary for us to do so to enforce a legal obligation or otherwise where it is fair and reasonable for us to do so for example for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group of companies, our customers, or others we may share personal data with law enforcement agencies.
If you do not wish for us to share your data you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to [email protected] or updating your preferences in the My Account section of the website.
There are other instances when we may process your personal data and they are listed below.
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for you such as service notifications to enhance the security of our network and information systems to better understand how you interact with our websites to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
The basis for which we process your data in the manner described above is for legitimate business interest.
In all cases, the third party is acting on Licensed to Charm’s express instructions and in accordance with this Policy, confidentiality and levels of security.
Without your consent, we share your personal data:
- With third-party platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or Google to send you targeted advertisements on our behalf, they have to agree to us using cookies/emails for this so it shouldn’t be in the ‘without your consent’ section
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, law enforcement or government agency's request.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract or for a competition, we keep the data for 6 years.
Where we process registration data, excluding in the circumstances outlined above, we retain your data for 6 years.
What rights do I have?
- Access to your personal data: you may request access to a copy of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent: you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to withdraw your consent and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure below.
- Rectification: you may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us at [email protected] and provide the updated information or log on to your account at www.licensedtocharm.com and update your information.
- Withdraw consent: you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us at [email protected]icensedtocharm.com if you would like to withdraw your consent and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure below.
- Erasure: you may ask us to delete your personal data. If you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at [email protected], specifying why you would like us to delete your personal data.
- Portability: you may ask us to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
- Make a complaint: you may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority, which for the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office, by visiting their website at ico.org.uk
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent to send you marketing communications (for instance, where you have signed up to our newsletter, or have provided us with your consent to receive marketing communications at the point of checkout or when setting up an account), you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we can send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests (for instance, where you are already a customer).
In any case, you can unsubscribe from receiving our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, or by contacting us using the details set out below. You can also update your marketing preferences in your customer account on https://licensedtocharm.com/ at any time. Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You also have an absolute right to opt-out of all data processing that we carry out for marketing purposes (this includes receiving marketing emails, and profiling whereby we tailor the content, adverts and marketing communications that you receive about our products and services), at any time, by contacting [email protected] or by writing to
Licensed To Charm,
2 Ashness Road
At Licensed to Charm we are committed to protecting the security of your data. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure once it has been transferred to our systems. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorised access, to maintain data security, and to correctly use the personal data we collect online.
These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the personal data that we collect and store.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of personal data, we cannot assure you that your personal data will never be disclosed, altered or destroyed in a manner that is inconsistent with this privacy notice.
Licensed to Charm recommends that you take measures to protect the information you provide online. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. For security purposes, your password should not be written down and should be regularly reset. A strong password should not include easily obtainable personal data, should be at least 8 characters in length, and should be a combination of letters and numbers.
Who is the data controller?
The data controller for your information is Licensed To Charm Ltd which you have a relationship with or which manages the website you have visited. Please find our contact details below.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data or would like to opt-out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at [email protected] or by writing to
Licensed To Charm,
2 Ashness Road
Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this notice. We will notify you about any upcoming material changes by either sending you an email to the email address you most recently provided to us or by prominently posting a notice on our website. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this notice so that you know what personal data we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it