When you visit the Licensed To Charm website, we may request cookies to be set on your device. It is our goal to be transparent about the cookies we use on our website, how we use them, and to give you the necessary tools to manage them.
What is a cookie?
They are used to 'remember' when your computer or device accesses our websites. They allow us to remember whether you are logged in to the site and to remember what items you had in your shopping bag. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
- To enable you to add items to your shopping basket and purchase them.
- To enable you to create an account to have information such as order history, or your details remembered for later.
- To improve our website’s usability by saving you time on making a purchase or tracking your order.
- To analyse the use of our website through Analytics software such as Google Analytics.
Types of cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential and allow you to visit the website and use its features. Without these cookies’ services like the shopping cart or invoicing cannot be provided.=
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website (which pages visitors go to most often, if they get any errors, etc). The information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in, email address, shipping address, etc). The information collected is anonymised and these cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising cookies (3rd Party Cookies): These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
- Unlike first-party cookies, we do not control the setting of these cookies. For further information on the cookies, and instructions on how to manage them, please visit the third-party websites.
- Google Adwords: Google paid advertising and shopping network.
- Microsoft Bing Ads: Microsoft Bing paid advertising and shopping network.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics provides statistical analysis for our website.
- MailChimp: Mailchimp is an email service providing communications and data
- Hotjar: Hotjar provides session replays and advanced heatmaps.
- Facebook: Facebook is used for remarketing activity and to allow visitors to share their products.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is used to allow visitors to share links to pages and products.
- Twitter: Twitter is used to allow visitors to stay in touch via social media and share links.
- Instagram: Instagram is used to allow visitors to stay in touch via social media and share links and stories.
Licensed To Charm does not hold excessive amounts of data for the specified purpose and we strive to ensure that the data we hold is always accurate and up to date. We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards. We use encryption to safeguard your personal information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce.
How do I disable cookies?
Most web browsers will provide the option to turn off, or disallow cookies. How you do this depends on the web browser you're using. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser's 'Help' menu. To manage all cookies on our site, including those that are served by us, you can change your browser settings. For additional information on how to manage all cookies please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you are still looking for more information than you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
For more information please get in touch cs.licensedtocharm.com